Tricks To Express Your Opinion

1. GET RID OF GENERALIZATIONS


Don't use the word never, every, all, and always in your speech and be specific.

WRONG - Sorry, I'm always late.

RIGHT - Thank you for bring patient.


2. SPECIFY THE TIME AND THE DATE


Say on and at this time instead of about and or so.

WRONG - I'll give you the money back at the end of the week or so.

RIGHT - I'll give back the money on Saturday evening.

3. ASK OPEN QUESTIONS


Ask question about when and how something happened in order to get valuable information.

WRONG - Can we meet?

RIGHT - When are you free? I'd love to catch up.

4. AVOID TYPICAL NEGATIVE CONSTRUCTIONS


Express what you want clearly.

It'll help you focus your attention on the desire goal.

WRONG - I don't want to take up your time.

RIGHT - Thank you for your time.

Comments